Friday, 1 January 2010

Boxing Day

Well I started to write this blog earlier this month but what with starting a new job, saying good bye to Harold and Pauline and helping Steve with some extra work. January has flown by and I'm still catching up on December.

On boxing day, thanks to Brent and Andrea, we went up to a lake just outside Whakatane (remember the Wh is pronounced ‘f’…) where they were spending the day messing about in boats… not the proper sort with sails but the speedy sort which you can tie inflatable ‘biscuits’ to and scare people with!!!

They were very generous and scared me a lot – it’s a good job I’ve cut the sound out of this video!!!


They then persuaded Steve (not difficult) to try water skiing. I was expecting him to end up face down in the water but as usual he surprised us all and on the third attempt was skiing like he’d been doing it for years.

After his example I decided it would be better if I just looked after the camera – I wouldn’t want to show him up :D

No comments: