The weekend of the 4th and 5th of July was my cousins wedding and I couldn't be there with all the family. To take my mind off it we decided to go snowboarding.
We booked a little bach (cottage) and drove the 4 hours to Ohakune straight after work on Friday. We picked up Adam and Rhea and off we went... with a flask of tea and a big bag of sweets for the journey.
Saturday morning was bright and fresh so we jumped back into the car and drove up Mount Ruapehu; Steve and Adam have bought season passes for the mountain but Rhea and I had to queue for board hire and lift passes... since we were waiting anyway we decided to take a lesson before throwing ourselves down the hill with a board strapped to our feet. We got our kit and waited for the lesson to start....
Why should I have stopped after the last run? well because I got a bit cocky and tried to turn , then tried to link my turns... then I went too fast and fell on my neck... not clever!
We had lots of fun... got lots of bruises... drank lots of mulled wine... all in all a pretty damn good weekend - bring on the next one :)
No comments:
Post a Comment