Friday, 4 December 2009

What have we been doing...

Well firstly I need to apologise. I haven't updated the blog during Novmeber due to circumstances that have involved lots of interviews, working all hours and desperately trying to lose 8kg weight before Christmas.

I now have a new job. I will be working in the internal audit department of ANZ - one of the largest banks over here. I start on 12 January so still get 3 weeks for Christmas break. I have loved working for WHK but over the last few months my focus for life has changed and I need to focus more on what I want from life rather than what other people want me to do. Hopefully this new position will give me what I need from a job!

Steve is recovering very well and has now gone back to work. I think he is happy to be out of the house again and able to walk but he is finding it a bit of a struggle sitting up all the time when he has spent the last 8 weeks lying down! He has had physio over the past 6 weeks and this has helped a lot with his flexibility - he has even been given the all clear to surf over Christmas... only for 20 minutes per day though.

My parents are enjoying their tour around NZ. When they first arrived they were complaining it was too cold but now they are up around Auckland they are complaining it is too hot... what is it they say about whinging poms?

Steve's parents have now arrived and are coping very well with the jet lag - Pauline only dozed off into her cup of tea once which is a lot better than we did when we arrived.

The most exciting thing that has happened is the purchase of Suzy Camper. A 1994 Toyota Hiace. Steve has been improving this... which means he pulls it apart and I repair all the bits he breaks in the process - I can't seem to get the super glue off my nails! meanwhile I have been replacing the curtains which have 15 years worth of 'rental camper' grime on them, are faded and smell really bad. Suzy now has lovely red and white curtains which really brighten up her grey interior.

I will post some pictures of us camping in her when I find the camera :)

No comments: