When it arrived it was looking a little sorry for itself and the first thing it needed was a damn good clean.
We had to strip it right back to its component parts to get rid of all the mud, and there was some damage to the wiring that need to be fixed. No wonder it was cheap.
I couldn't help but get involved, however I was under strict instruction to not rebuild bits, just give helpful instruction and weild the soldering iron, as Wendy doesn't like soldering bits.

After a couple of days TLC she had a rather smart looking car, fully rebuilt with new race bearings throughout, one piece racing axles and ready to hit the beach.

I think she has done an amazing job of bringing this back to life. It really goes well.
I have fitted some sand paddle tyres for playing on the beach, as they give much better traction on loose ground. I would also like to try it in the snow this winter but we dont get any of that in Wellington, so will have to take it to the ski fields when the time comes.

Finally, here they are hung up in the lair ready to go.

After a couple of days TLC she had a rather smart looking car, fully rebuilt with new race bearings throughout, one piece racing axles and ready to hit the beach.
Whlst Wendy was taking photos of her car I decided to get my Beetle out for the photo opportunity as well.
Finally, here they are hung up in the lair ready to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment