Well we haven't been keeping up with the Blog very well recently. Partly due to me being sent all over the place with work and having no time to sit down and type!
So what have we been up to? in March I (Wendy) went to Vietnam for 2 weeks to audit the ANZ function in Hanoi. The best way to describe this is as an experience. My impression of Hanoi is that of a very dusty, crowded, humid city where everyone tries to sell you something. This is the view from my hotel:
I did manage to take a few pictures of Hoan Kiem Lake (Lake of the Returned Sword), where, according to the legend, an emperor handed a magic sword back to the Golden Turtle God in the lake and hence gave it its present name (the lake was formerly known as "Luc Thuy" meaning "Green Water" which is a much more apt name!)
The ANZ team in Vietnam were lovely, they took us out for a typical 'Hot-Pot' dinner:
One thing I will remember from this trip is the crazy way Vietnamese people use their scooters, overloaded scooters, an entire family of 2 adults and 3 kids, cages of chickens or dogs being carried were all common sights. I found this one amusing:
We managed to get out of the city for the middle weekend and the whole audit team went to Halong Bay. Unfortunately my camera didn't like the excess humidity so I've borrowed this picture from Google Images. We went in a Junk around the many islands, and explored the caves - although the weather was not great, the scenery was amazing:

No comments:
Post a Comment