Well it's the middle of winter so that means it's Christmas time doesn't it??? Well it does if you have lived most of your life in the northern hemisphere, but in the southern hemisphere Christmas is in the middle of the summer so I did not fancy cooking a full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. Instead we decided that we would wait until winter to have a big dinner.
We invited over a few other Ex-Pats to share dinner with us - I did dinner, Adam and Rhea did pudding and Rich and Fi did cheese and biscuits - we all brought wine... bubbles to celebrate, mulled wine because it's Christmas, sticky dessert wine, red wine to relax with in between pudding and cheese, and then port to have with the cheese.... all in all a good dinner :D
Of course we had to have presents and decided on secret santa so that we would only buy one present each - I got a beautiful painting of a daffodil, my favourite flowers.....

and Steve got a fish mobile to hang above our door...

Of course we had to have the Christmas tree up - Steve decorated the tree and those are our feet you can see in the picture - cosy in our slippers.

Here is the proof that I made dinner - even did pigs in blankets, yum yum.

Believe it or not I even found Christmas crackers, although we were not overly impressed with the cracker contents which ranged from a plastic frog with a broken leg to a balloon... and the jokes were'nt much better...

A good day was had by all... and yay it's only 5 months til the real Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment