Thursday, 24 March 2011

Bit of work on the interior...

More work to be done - I think it might actually be never ending!!! This is the original fireplace in the house. Now I'm not a fan of the 'battenburg' look so we decided it would have to go before the winter so that we could block it up and stop the draughts...
The rimu mantel is now a shelf in the garage... I think Steve had fun doing this bit of work... he specialises in destroying things... Going...
Going...
Gone :D
Just need to block up the hole with some plasterboard...

... and put the TV back - this was the second job we did on the house over the Christmas holidays, as you can see we still have our little Crimbo tree...

Christmas present to ourselves this year was new curtains throughout the lounge and dining room and a new TV unit.

I have to say it does look a lot better - but then I am biased!

No comments: