Monday, 21 March 2011

Another BIG apology

We haven't updated the blog in ages... so here is a quick run down of the past, er, 8 months, oops it really has been ages hasn't it?!?!

So this year for our wedding anniversary Steve persuaded me it would be fun to go snowboarding for a week... hmmm... I seem to remember doing this last year too. Next year (or this year now) I think we'll go somewhere warm!! We had a week in a lovely lodge (Dakune Lodge - I would recommend it to anyone) with a hot spa bath waiting for us every night after coming off the slopes. It's hard to beat a hot spa with a nicely chilled glass of bubbles after a day throwing yourself down a mountain.

Still feeling that winter isn't really winter without Christmas, we did mid-winter Christmas with some other Ex-Pats again this year. I made Christmas cake and had lots of fun making the penguins and snowmen to go on top.

We've tried to get out and about a bit more recently, going to lots of local (free) events like Petone Carnival - was really good, not really what I would call a carnival as there were no floats but there were lots of ice sculptures, stalls, hot dog stands and a little petting zoo. It was a lovely calm day (for once) and the views across Wellington Harbour were gorgeous.
Steve's back is almost completely fixed now so off he went snowboarding again, this time with one of his mates, they decided to do it the cheaper way and stayed in Suzy Camper... overnight the weather took a turn for the worse... well better for boarding but not so good for camping!!

Towards the end of the winter we went to a stock car rally followed by a caravan demolition derby. We sat in the stands with a picnic - hot sausage rolls, pies and chocolate (so healthy!). I have not often seen anything so funny as these caravans racing round trying to deliberately crash and destroy each other. Really good evening out despite it taking nearly 30 mintues to get out of the carpark field afterwards.

That's caught us up to about October 2010 and the next thing we did was take a trip to Thailand - I'll start another post for that as there's a few photo's to show you.

No comments: